Baseball openers and a Kardashian charity scandal top trends on Yahoo! and Twitter.
- Odom, Kardashian Charity Scam: Khloe Kardashian and her man Lamar Odom are under fire for an alleged charity scam involving Cathy’s Kids, a foundation for cancer research he set up after losing his mother to cancer in 2004. An investigation of tax records by ESPN shows that not a cent has gone to cancer, but rather financed “two elite youth basketball travel teams.” The ball players got $1.3 million of the $2.2 million raised, with another chunk of the charity cash going into the bank account of Odom’s friend, the charity's secretary Jerry DeGregorio.
- Clayton Kershaw: The Dodgers pitcher hit the first home run of his five-year career on Monday in a 4-0 victory over the San Francisco Giants.
- Carlos Marmol: The Chicago Cubs closer was quickly pulled from the mound for under-performing in the ninth inning against Pittsburgh. The Pirates still lost three-to-one in the season opener.
- Alfredo Flores: Justin Beiber’s buddy has been tearing up Germany with his touring pal.
- Heidi Klum Saves Drowning Son: The model and her bodyguard-boyfriend Martin Kristen pulled her seven-year-old son and two nannies from a rough riptide in Oahu, Hawaii.
- Cord-Cutters: In a blow to major TV broadcasters, a federal appeals court ruled that start-up provider Aereo can stream live local TV on its website and app.